Friday, June 16, 2006

Great place to learn guitar.

Ok, so I am a mediocre player (least in my opinion) I have been playing for 24 years although it has been a very varied 24 years. I started out with basic chords and notes taught to me by a friend Ray Anderson. Later I took lessons at Archer Guitar School in Birmingham, AL that was ok if I wanted to learn twinkle twinkle little star for more years than I could count. Next I studied with Jimmy Branch at Music Alley in Birmingham, AL. That was some good times and got into both Classical and Blues playing with him.

For years I self-taught myself various songs and licks....then I met Mark Anderson (Ray's Brother) and him and I roomed together while I was in college. We played alot of easy listening 70's stuff and got to play for some folks here and there. All acoustic so my electrics just gathered dust.

Then a few years ago a good friend and amazing guitarist in his own right got me back on the horse....

So here I am along way from decent lessons and not really wanting to learn Twinkle Twinkle...I tried Workshop Live and it was ok...very nice layout but very structured....not for me.

BINGO! I came accross Guitar Tricks great group of players and awesome lessons. Give them a try if your searching for a place to hang your hat and improve a bit.

No comments: